Whether looking to climb Denali's West Buttress or scale a wall in the Ruth Gorge, Alaska Climbing is the book to take you there. Author Joseph Puryear's result of 15 years of Alaska Range climbing and research is the most detailed information ever for the region's best climbs. Included are routes for all abilities from moderate snow climbs to the difficult test pieces of the range. Each climb gets detailed photo-diagrams, in-depth strategy, camping info, retreat beta, and first ascent history. Detailed color topos and maps bring these climbs to life.
- Complete route profiles for 30 mega-classic snow, ice, mixed, and rock climbs
- First ever published topos for many climbs including Mt. Foraker's Infinite Spur, Mt. Huntington's Harvard Route, and Peak 11,300
- Inside knowledge on how to travel in Alaska, where to stay, and what to bring
- Critical information on how to stay alive in the Alaska Range
- Over 150 recent color photos from the area's top mountaineering photographers
- Suggestions for other area climbs and proposals for new climbs