The Spire is ideal for multi-pitch climbing, rappelling, and belaying off an anchor or directly off your climbing harness. Designed from the ground up to assure climbers have the most reliable and durable device on the market. The Spire excels at autoblocks, belaying a leader and paying out rope quickly.
Material: 7076-T6 Anodized Aluminum
Length: 3.7" with cable
Weight: 2.07 oz (58g)
Fits Rope Ø : 7.5mm - 10.7mm
- Tapered slots allow for ease of use when paying out rope and maximize control when lowering or rappelling.
- Can be set up as an auto-block device when you’re belaying 1 or 2 seconding climbers.
- Unique and Intuitive Brake-Assist Mode featuring release hole designed to allow a carabiner to be used as a lever. Lower a seconding climber is quick, simple and secure.
- Design provides great control with many rope diameters; can handle ropes sizes from 7.5 - 10.7mm in diameter
- Machined from 7075-T6 aluminum and anodized to minimize weight and maximize performance.
- Double-slot design allows you to feed single or double ropes smoothly
Weight: 58 grams
*American Alpine Institute guides and staff partnered with SMC in the testing and design feedback to ensure the versatility and usability of the Spire.