Washington’s Cascades, Olympics, and Mount Rainier are prime destinations for backcountry ski and snowboard adventure, and no one is better qualified to write this guidebook than Martin Volken and his team at Pro Guiding Service, based in the Cascade foothills.
The all-new guidebook includes 80 routes throughout the state — plus one in British Columbia! — Ideal for intermediate to expert skiers or snowboarders. It features routes ranging from accessible day trips suitable for relative beginners to more challenging multiday traverses. It’s a guide to the very best routes available to skiers and boarders throughout the state. Each route includes the following elements:
- Starting elevation and high point
- Elevation gain and loss
- Route distance
- Time required
- Recommended skill and fitness levels
- Best season to ski
- Maps and permits info
- Driving directions, from nearest major town or junction
- Detailed route description
- Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Washington also includes an introduction by legendary Northwest skier Lowell Skoog.