This guidebook includes 26 of the best High Sierra alpine climbs ranging in difficulty from 3rd class to 5.11c. Most of these climbs are well-protected, 10-15 pitches long, and ascend some of the best alpine granite anywhere. Whether you plan to scramble up the 3rd class East Ridge of Mt. Russell, climb the 5.7 East Face of Mt. Whitney, or ascend the epic 18-pitch Sun Ribbon Arete, our guidebook will ensure you spend minimum time getting off-route and maximum time enjoying the climb.
- most accurate & detailed topos ever!
- first ascent history
- USGS maps for each climb
- photos of the start of each route
- approach and descent photos
- detailed approach and descent beta
- backcountry camping info
- strategy and retreat beta