The Alien X is the sixth generation of the micro cam that obtained its first patent in 1986, in Colorado (US). It retains its original character, with a version that has been improved in terms of performance and finishes.
Available in six sizes, the new Alien X features the following improvements:
- Cams with X-grip texture. Improves the grip of the cams during the first times it is used.
- Three more versatile sizes. The three large sizes (3/4 yellow, 7/8 grey and 1 red) can work as passive anchors.
- The puller is more ergonomic and re-sized. The redesign of the puller has made the Alien X into a micro cam that is easy and quick to manipulate, whether during its placement or extraction. As well as this, it is now easier to use while wearing gloves. With respect to its six sizes, there is now an additional 3 mm between the puller and the cams.
- It has a solid and compact construction. The metal riveting and riveting joint turn this micro cam into a more homogeneous piece, with a more compact design.
FAITHFUL TO ITS ORIGINS
The Alien X retains its original character, being faithful to the first patent:
- Lightness and reduced volume. The weight of the harness and the space it takes up is reduced.
- Its flexibility absorbs the movements of the rope, preventing the cams from moving once in place.
- Design of the geometry of the cams.
- Color's of the sizes. These colors have become a reference in climbing reviews of the last 30 years.
All Alien X products are hand-made in Barcelona.